Last Week Today On Social Media
Here is the weekly roundup of what you might have missed in the constantly changing world of Social Media…
Social media is an integral part of content marketing, not just a delivery medium. Thus, for a campaign to be successful, social media marketers and content marketers need to work together on the planning, execution, and measurement process. Read the complete post to see the major Content Marketing findings from the Content Marketing Institute’s report and the Social Media lessons learned.
Takeaway! A substantial amount of B2B content marketers see their content as being useful for achieving many goals, but brand awareness, lead generation, and engagement are the top three.
Tip: Not only should the content you’re requesting and/or creating map back to specific goals but the way you’re promoting that content on social should, too.
So, how can your small business dominate not only your niche or market, but also social media? Check out these seven ways social media can help you spread the word and increase your business reach!
56 Reasons Why Content Marketing Works: 2014 Edition
An article that covers the following themes:
- Banner ads are the problem and content marketing is the answer
- Businesses with a defined content strategy have smarter marketing
- Investing in a content marketing team is crucial to building your business
- Blogging and social media drive customer acquisition
- Email marketing generates revenue
- Visual, relevant, and social content builds brand engagement
Takeaway! Investing in a content marketing team is crucial to building your business : 86% of the most effective B2B marketers have someone who oversees content marketing strategy; however, only 46% of less effective marketers do.
Surprised? I was: 16% of companies employ a full-time social media specialist and 11% are paying a dedicated email marketer. (Hubspot)
A Twitter bio with no focus, no purpose, and no worthwhile information is not worth anybody’s time. Check out SocialBro’s Twitter bio tips you need to make sure you’re making the most of your 160 characters.
1. Make use of all available space and stay focused.
2. Add your website URL and don’t forget a location!
3. Beautify your Twitter bio.
4. Keep things fresh.
5. Manage expectations.
6. Let your personality shine through.
That’s all from me, folks! Did you read something worth sharing?